Friday, March 4, 2011

What's angrying up my blood now? The weekly roundup.

what? it's after 6, what are we, farmers?
Well, it's the weekend.  Time for a weekly roundup type thing.  What's the internet doing to piss me off now, after the jump.


My Carhartt Jacket, A Love Story - WSJ.com - Newsflash! Jerkoff writer for the WSJ claims that he really knows what workwear is about.

-->"My own Carhartt jacket, a tan hooded "Detroit" model, was forever my sartorial entrée to the working class. Whenever I needed to pass among them on some journalistic assignment or other—sprint car racing in Knoxville, Iowa, sand dragsters in Oklahoma—I'd shoulder on the Carhartt and begin speaking in the hard, flat drawl of my youth. For me, Carhartt was camouflage, but not the deer-hunting kind."

Pfffft... Not only does referring to something as "camouflage" for the working class make you an asshole, but I've actually worn Carhartt's so hard I blew out the crotch. Draw your own conclusions.




-->"Call it "Yankee thrift", call it "old world", call it "cheapness", call it what you want. I firmly believe that many things get better with age, and that visible wear and tear is far from a good reason to part with a perfectly serviceable and favorite piece of clothing."

I couldn't agree more.  I wore those Carhartt's for another 6 or 8 months after they went (I was young and washing dishes, cut me some slack)



Men’s Boots Stylish Enough for the Office - NYTimes.com - These dudes however, do not.


-->"Still, one thing was made clear by this winter’s record snowfalls: men need boots. What is not as clear is what boots. A vast majority of men’s boots (work boots, cowboy boots, hiking boots) are sturdily made and mean business. But for the man who wants something that can pass muster in a place of business, that vast majority is out."


I think I made myself clear earlier this week, boots that can pass muster in a place of business are out for a reason (also, lame boots).


The Icon: Pablo Picasso | Icon | Kempt - Mostly because my family has some history with Mr. Picasso.


-->From the boat neck to the nautical cuffs, you could wear this today and still count yourself ahead of the curve. If the folks at Rogues Gallery haven’t already seen this pic, they’ve been working from ones an awful lot like it.


Fun fact.  My great-grandmother danced with the Ballet Russe and once posed as Jean Cocteau's mistress to make Pablo Picasso jealous.  And now I get to tell the internet that!  Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your hearts out. But keep it fuckin' civil!