Saturday, March 19, 2011

One day late: The Weekly Roundup

St. Patrick's Day
Good week.  St Patrick's Day Thursday.  Dance Party Friday.  Weekly roundup... RIGHT NOW.

Tom Waits Is Basically Edward Cullen, and Other Things We Learned at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction -- Vulture

Tom Waits is more awesome than words can describe.

-->And, gee, I don't know where to begin. Songs, uh, are really just interesting things to be doing with the air. I love working with tunes. I love music, but we really want music to love us.

I mean COME ON!

The Sartorialist: UPDATE - Before Winter Is Over, Try Tweed & Denim

Done and done. (And I mean done.)

Spring Trends for Men 2011 - Spring Fashion 2011 Men - Esquire

-->Five new looks she'll love -- risky sure, but worth embracing if you execute them well enough to turn her on.


Well I hated ALL of these, so I showed them to Ashley who hated ALL of them too (probably more than me).  So... not so well played Esquire.  Not so well played.

The Dominance Of The Carrot-Fit Trousers « Antenna Magazine

-->Gordon Richardson, design director for Topman, summed up the trend’s popularity: “Carrot fits are the natural successor to the skinny fit that has been dominating the past few seasons. Originating in denim, the shape moves effortlessly into chinos. Its versatility as a silhouette means that it can take utility details and simple wash effects well.”


It's funny, my biggest problem with super tapered pants up 'til now has been, "It looks like you've got carrot legs, it just doesn't look right!"  So... apparently I was right... or... wrong?  I don't even know anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your hearts out. But keep it fuckin' civil!