Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What Alex Wears... when he skips all the way to Connecticut to give thanks.



I decided to skip ALL the way there
It was a brisk fall day (brisk as shit, that field coat was NOT warm enough.)  Ashley and I decided to get some lunch.  It was a mere 3 hours from when I was going to head down to CT for my most favoritest of holidays (except my birthday, of course).  And what says fall more than some camouflage and jeans?  The rest of my outfit, after the jump.

Camo and jeans might spell fall, but I couldn't leave well enough alone so I added a butcher stripe shirt, with a blue circles (not dots!) tie, my orange quarter-zip and some brown bucks.


Quick rant.  People love to hate on quarter-zip sweaters.  I'm unabashedly pro-uh... them.  The reason?  They're different.  I like the fact that they have the same tie-showing potential as a V neck, but have some collar out the back.  Now, they shouldn't be zipped up (all the way at least) but if you don't have a tie on, you can zip them part way up and have sort of a bootleg shawl collar thing going on  They give versatility and a different (but similar) look to a standard V neck or shawl collar.  Of course the same people that love shawl collar sweaters hate quarter zip's.  I'm the reverse.  That's right, you heard it here first.  Fuck shawl collar sweaters (though not shawl collar tuxes, those things are awesome).*



Anyway, now that I'm off my soapbox, back to the outfit.  I finally decided to try out wearing that camo field jacket, here's the result. I'm okay with it.  It won't become my go to all the time, but I think it matches surprisingly well with orange and the tie.  Either way, I wouldn't get shot by any hunters, and isn't that the real thing to be thankful for?


*Sidenote: putthison.com is generally sweet (though they care about fanciness way more than me), but magnificentbastard.com just likes to TTH to be Steve McQueen (who is and always will be epically cool, though as per an argument with John in the car on the way to thanksgiving he's not the only epically cool person ever, and even if he was that would mean you can never be as cool as him**).  So... that's my take on two random websites, if anyone cares.


**You can never be as cool as Steve McQueen.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your hearts out. But keep it fuckin' civil!