Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ashley Creates... And Just Can't Stop

So I think I suffer from a common dilemma, knowing when to stop.  It's just so hard.  Stopping is something I've never been good at.  "Too far? Too Much?" are reoccurring questions of mine. This quandary spills into most aspects of my life, in my humor, my jewelry, my art, fashion, eating, talking, learning, whistling, etc. etc.

Now back to the point, I like this necklace A LOT.  Mainly because I didn't stop.  I added and added until I couldn't add no more.  I like working with a base.  In this piece I used a circular vintage silver filigree component.  It gives a wonderful surface to build off of and provides a beginning and end to a piece of jewelry.  Something to grow from and a roof to keep you down.

Another design device that I really love is mixing metals.  This necklace uses 'em all, gold, silver, copper brass, and they all look beautiful together in their delightful vintage glory.  Mixing metals adds an eclectic cherished feel to a piece.  Often a piece that uses one metal seems too clean, manufactured and store bought.  I want a gem that feels loved, remembered, special and unique.

2 comments:

Comment your hearts out. But keep it fuckin' civil!