Sunday, November 7, 2010

Things I think are totally awesome... gingham

Oh hey, how's it going?  Long time no see.  I guess what with Halloween and whatnot I've been pretty busy.  How've you been? Well, now that all that small talk is out of the way let's get down to brass tacks.  And put them onto a shirt in my favorite pattern ever.  Gingham.  (Or checked, if you prefer.) What makes it so great after the jump.


There's a 6 month or so period in my camera's history where I'm wearing gingham in almost every picture.  I have 6 shirts in different colors (look above where you're reading now to see them). Why is it so great?  I'm not quite sure, but I'm sure gonna try and figure it out.


I've said before that I like bold patterns and bright colors.  I think that the reason for that is mostly that I like attention.  EVERYONE LOOK AT ME! type attention.  But I hate being tacky.  Checked shirts are the best because they're really bold, and you can get them in some awesomely primary colors, but in the end they're just squares... or 2 sets of lines... however you like to think of it.


I guess they also fit my aesthetic or style or whatever. Very olde tyme.  Western Shirt, what came to mind?  Probably plaid or gingham, maybe pearl snaps, those are lame though, I prefer to stick with regular buttons.  If it's good enough for an olde tyme saloon keep it's good enough for me.


Oh, and one major point.  Keep the checks small, but not too small.  Too small and you can barely tell it's a pattern, too big and... well, let's just say there's a pretty narrow gulf between being an asskicking defender of justice and stylistic integrity...


...and a tablecloth.

1 comment:

Comment your hearts out. But keep it fuckin' civil!