Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What Alex Wears... when he's named best dressed in class

This post is actually a ay late.  I was super busy doing work all weekend for Grad School (that public won't policy itself!)  But after all the work I got a prize!  My professor said I was the best dressed in class! Hurrah!  Let that be a lesson to everyone out there, wear a tie and your teachers will remember you... Unless you all follow that lesson... but I don't think anyone will start wearing a tie just on my say so.  Though I can dream.  Outfit breakdown after the jump.


Like I said the other day I like clothes that are kind of a lot of things.  To wit, I'm wearing this corduroy jacket over a gray shirt/navy vest/green stripe tie combo.  It keeps it from being a vest/sport coat extra super british thing, or like I'm wearing the top of a 3 piece suit without the pants.  This jacket (it's a ladies jacket, but it makes me feel like such a rock star when I wear it!) has some sweet rear belting, really high and narrow armholes and epaulets.  I wish it was a little bigger cause I'm ripping the shit out of the armpits, but again, rock star! I feel like one!


Also, I'm wearing my trusty levi's dark blue jeans (boot cut) over a pair of brown oxfords.  The shoes have some broguing around the back and sides, but the toe is simple which makes them look kind of boot-esque (under boot cut jeans).  In any event I'm a huge fan of the jeans, vest and tie look.  It's dressed up, dressed down and you can throw any jacket (not just a sport coat/blazer) to achieve maximal understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your hearts out. But keep it fuckin' civil!